Our attorneys are leading practitioners in the highly specialized area of real estate valuation disputes, particularly “rent reset” arbitrations. We have negotiated, arbitrated and litigated valuation disputes involving all types of commercial real estate, including land, retail space, office space, hotels and multi-family residential buildings. Our strong ties in the appraisal community enable us to provide practical and sophisticated guidance on rent renewals for ground leases and space leases, use-and-occupancy disputes, IRS tax appeals, business dissolutions and other valuation-related matters.
- 20th St. & Park Ave. South: 36,000 sf mixed-use building. Arbitration.
- 34th St. & Broadway: 22,000 sf retail space. Arbitration.
- 37th St. & Broadway: 18,000 sf mixed-use site. Arbitration.
- 38th St. & Eighth Ave.: 73,000 sf mixed-use building. Arbitration.
- 46th St. & Broadway: 6,200 sf retail space. Arbitration.
- 51st St. & Beekman Place: 18,000 sf residential site. Arbitration.
- 57th St. & Lexington Ave.: 30,000 sf mixed-use site. Arbitration.
- 57th St. & Second Ave.: 35,000 sf mixed-use site. Arbitration.
- 63rd St. & Second Ave.: 11,000 sf mixed-use site. Agreed-upon renewal rent & option to purchase.
- 23rd St. & Third Ave.: multi-building assemblage. IRS tax appeal.
- Orchard St. & Rivington St.: 16-story hotel project. Litigation.
- Lafayette St. & Spring St.:11,000 sf retail space. Agreed-upon renewal rent.
- Lafayette St. & East 4th St.: office space. Business dissolution.
- 72nd St. & Third Ave.: 31,000 sf mixed-use site. Agreed-upon renewal rent & extension.
- East Fordham Rd., the Bronx: 63,000 sf retail building. Litigation.
- Prospect Heights, Brooklyn: 16-unit apartment building. Litigation.
- Lindenhurst, Suffolk County: 36,000 sf commercial site. Agreed-upon renewal rent & extension.
- Purchase, Westchester County: 120,000 sf office and warehouse space. Arbitration.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 8.2 acre development site. Litigation.
- Paradise Valley, Arizona: 120-acre resort development project. Litigation.