Jessica Lipson is a co-chair of the Firm’s Technology, Data Privacy & Intellectual Property Group and a member of its Corporate Department, with a focus on technology transactions, privacy and data security matters, and transactional intellectual property work.
Jessica represents clients in the process of obtaining and offering technology and associated services, licensing intellectual property (including software), and trademark prosecution. Jessica also provides advisory services to her clients with regard to privacy and data security matters. She works with clients from a broad variety of industries, including Internet/e-commerce, software and online services, entertainment, banking and financial services, consumer products, pet care, accounting, manufacturing, retail, IT, and others.
Prior to joining Morrison Cohen, Jessica practiced as a technology attorney with Proskauer Rose LLP, Baker & McKenzie LLP, and Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP.
Certified Information Privacy Professional/US, International Association of Privacy Professionals
New York City Bar Association, Information Technology Committee
- Advised pet care company with regard to Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) replacement and implementation, and other related integrated technology solutions acquisitions.
- Advised multinational cosmetics and personal care products corporation in technology-driven business transformation projects.
- Functioned as in-house counsel to major law firm, drafting and negotiating agreements for the purchase of software and associated installation and support services, security penetration tests, telecom network construction and support, licensing of telephone and video/web conferencing systems, and other technology-enabled projects.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in transaction with service provider to develop and support dedicated hosting platform.
- Advised financial services client in development of applications for consumer use of innovative mobile payment platforms.
- Assisted various clients in their efforts to comply with the new European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
News & Publications
- "CLIENT ALERT - US-Based Organizations Must Prepare for Imminent Implementation of European General Data Protection Regulation", May 7, 2018
- "CLIENT ALERT - Recent New York Federal Court Decision Confirms Applicability of the Americans with Disabilities Act to Various Commercial Consumer-Oriented Websites as Places of “Public Accommodation", March 26, 2018
- "CLIENT ALERT - Credit Card Council Raises Cybersecurity Standards", May 3, 2016
- "CLIENT ALERT - SEC to Focus on Cybersecurity Practices of Regulated Entities", June 2, 2015