Darcy has more than 25 years of experience assisting clients with complex trust, estate, and tax issues. Her experience includes estate and tax planning, drafting wills and trust agreements, administering estates and trusts, and representing clients in Surrogate's Court. She also handles formation of family limited liability companies and advises trust companies on fiduciary issues.
Darcy has a niche in advising clients with art collections. Her art-related estate planning experience includes forming a museum, gifting fractional interests in art, advising clients on ways to display an art collection through a foundation, and administering estates with very substantial art collections being sold at auction.
In light of the complexity of the work she performs, Darcy makes a point of and has become adept at distilling complicated legal concepts related to trusts, estates, and tax into their simplest, most digestible forms for her clients. Darcy also brings to the table strong problem-solving skills that have repeatedly enabled her to remedy what had been seemingly intractable issues.
Before joining Morrison Cohen, Darcy was a partner in Hodgson Russ LLP’s Estates & Trusts Practice.
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Member of the Executive Committee, Chair of the Digital Wills and Sponsorship Committees of the New York State Bar Association Trusts and Estates Law Section
- Member, Iona College Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Keynote Speaker: Iona College National Chemistry Honor Society Induction Ceremony and Chemistry Awards, 2013
- Participant in Iona College Annual “Meet a Career Mentor” event, 2012, 2013, 2015 & 2016
- Mamaroneck School Board Selection Committee, 2010-11
- White Plains Hospital Member, Planned Giving Committee, 2010-2011
- Listed, New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2012-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- Former member, Fordham Law Review
News & Publications
- “Computation of Allowable Deductions for New York State Estate Tax- New Guidance”, New York State Bar Association, July 1, 2016
- “Making Disclaimer Work for Minors”, New York Law Journal, January 21, 2014
- “New York’s Decanting Statute: Tax and Other Issues”, Tax Stringer, July 2013
- “Incorporation by Reference”, NYSBA Trusts and Estates Law Section Newsletter, Summer 2010
- 2017 New York State Bar Association Trusts and Estate Law Section Spring Meeting, New Orleans, LA, May 11-14, 2017, Program Co-Chair
- 2014 New York State Bar Association Trusts and Estates Law Section Annual Meeting, New York, NY, “Til Death Do Us Part: Updates on Marriage and Estate Law, From Marriage Equality Act to Windsor and Beyond”, January 29, 2014
- Westchester/Southern Connecticut Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel Seminar, “Sandwich Generation - Taking Care of Your Family & Your Parents”, Greenwich, CT, July 10, 2013
- Iona College National Chemistry Honor Society Induction Ceremony and Chemistry Awards, New Rochelle, NY, April 19, 2013
- Breakfast on Broadway Seminar Series: Estates & Trusts Law, New York, NY, April 20, 2012
- 2011 New York Summer Tax Seminar Series, The Harvard Club, New York, NY, July 2011